This website is operated by Power Media International Ltd., The Courtyard, 30 Worthing Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1SL ("PMI Group Ltd.").
We operate a number of websites, industry magazines, newsletters and other services to individuals in the on-site power and cogeneration industries. There are opportunities to register or provide us with personal information about yourself. Registration may be required to access certain content and promotions.
We collect information in the following ways;
When you give it to us DIRECTLY
There are many ways you give us your information. For example;
· When you subscribe to our magazines
· When you register on our websites
· When you request to receive our free e-newsletters
· When you leave a comment on a news post
· When you purchase a product or service from us
· When you register to attend an event
· When you request more information about a product or service that we offer
· When you communicate with us either by phone, in writing, by email or in person.
Please always obtain consent first before giving us anyone else's personal information.
Please make sure that any personal details which you provide are accurate and current, and let us know if there are any changes.
When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
When you share your data with us via Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy notices for social media and messaging services like Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
If you use community tools, we may store the content and communications which you send and receive, and we reserve the right to monitor your communications. We may also detail your activity and personal preferences when visiting our sites (see"Cookies", below).
When you share your data with us via information available publicly
This may include information found in places such as websites, business listings,association membership lists, directories, Companies House and information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
We will only ever capture the minimum amount of information that we need to in relation to your subscription, purchases or services we provide to you and we promise to keep your information secure.
The personal data we will usually collect is:
· Your name
· Your contact details
· Your bank or credit card details (only as relevant to the service provided)
· Details of the enquiry, service or product
Where it is appropriate, we may also ask for additional information.
We will use your personal data with your consent on a contractual basis to provide you with the product or service that you have requested, such as;
· Magazine subscriptions (digital and/or print)
· Event registration
We will process your personal data for the legitimate interest of conducting core business activities, these will include:
· where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services /communications for the benefit of our customers
· to enhance the security of our network and information systems
· to operate our websites and provide the information and services you ask for, including downloads, news stories, reports and promotions
· to send you magazines,either in print (by post) or in digital format (by email) that will be of interest and benefit to you as an individual in the power industry
· to deal with your customer service requests
· for internal analysis and research to improve our websites and other products and services
· to send you newsletters by email that will be of interest and benefit to you as a nindividual in the power industry
· to send you marketing information about our publications, events and services, by post and by email
· to send you information from selected third-party companies
· to prevent and detect fraud and abuse of our sites or services
· to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising (data is aggregated)
Whenever we process data for legitimate interest purposes, we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regards and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish and if you wish to do so please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails will be answered within 3-5 working days. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out tasks for your benefit.
· Click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter or other correspondence.
· Send your details to the PMI Group Ltd by e-mail or post.
Our service/host providers
In the course of our legitimate business activities, there may be a need for us to share, or give access to, your personal data to affiliated companies or other organisations who work for us that provide us with services or host our applications/software that you may access, for example:
· Mailing houses –those who package and send magazines to subscribers
We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing with, or giving access to, your data with any of our service/host providers.
Sharing with third parties
We will never commercially sell your personal data to anyone else or give it to third parties who might use it for their own purposes.
We will only ever share your personal data in other circumstances, not listed above, if we have your explicit and informed consent at the time of collection.
In exceptional circumstances, we may disclose your personal information if required by law or to protect or defend ourselves or others against illegal or harmful activities. If our business is sold or restructured, your details maybe transferred as part of the business.
Your personal information will be hosted securely within the United Kingdom. We ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by appropriate PMIG Ltd. employees and our service/host providers.
We will ensure that all PMI Group staff who have access to your personal data shall be obliged to keep your personal data strictly confidential.
We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, and where feasible, we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information. This includes setting up processes and procedures to minimise unauthorised access to or disclosure of your information. However, we do not guarantee that we will eliminate all risk of misuse of your personal information by intruders
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it to assist you with your enquiry, magazine subscription, newsletter subscription, event registration or other services associated to WIP and/or PMI Group Ltd. There are statutory time scales on how long we should keep your information, for example, financial transactions must be retained for 7 years and subscription records must be retained for 4 years for audit purposes. We shall delete your data when we are no longer providing you with any products or services, or when you request for us to delete your data. We shall delete your information according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you certain rights and these are listed below for your convenience, further clarification of your rights is available on the Information Commissioners website.
· You have a right to be informed when your personal data is being collected, what is collected and how it will be used or shared.
· You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
· You have a right of access to your personal data: the right of access allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data. You can also request a copy of the information which we hold on you. This information will be provided free of charge. The application should be made in writing, by letter or email, and addressed to WIP Magazines / PMIG Ltd. (email@example.com), enclosing two proofs of identification.
· You have a right to obtain certain products or service(s) from us without sharing your data with us, for example; website downloads and website reports.
We collect and process your personal data through legitimate interests or because you have provided it to us to enable us to deliver a service to you. We will only process your personal data as you would reasonably expect us to.
Finally, if you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner.
Some of our websites contain cookies. Cookies are small text files that a website sends to your computer to record your online activity. Cookies may be used on our websites to help personalise your visits to our sites, improve how you use certain aspects of our sites and to record your online activity. You can disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings, but if you do so, some functions on our sites may not work correctly.