erkins has unveiled its new 5000 Series range – a lineup of fully electronic engines designed to deliver next generation electric power.
With critical applications in need of both prime and standby power, Perkins developed the 5000 Series to provide capable power while minimising downtime. Its power potential, ranging from 750 to 2500 kVA, and optimised turbochargers help provide all day power as well as backup power that offers the potential of full power recovery within 13 seconds.
The most powerful and largest full authority electronic electric power range from Perkins, the 5000 Series engines are built to world-class standards, for high efficiency, low fuel consumption and global emissions capability.
- Performance and durability tested in harsh environments across more than 10,000 running hours
- Meets ISO 8528-5 G2 and G3 standards and can accept NFPA 100 percent block load
- Engineered to be equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 2 emission standards
- Compatible with biodiesel up to B20, based on 20 percent dilution of biodiesel with standard diesel or on 100 percent hydrotreated vegetable oil (HVO) to EN15940
- New, compact design reduces footprint to simplify implementation and servicing while maximising power density
To help keep downtime to a minimum, the Perkins® 5000 Series range of inline six and eight cylinder and V12 and V16 cylinder engines has been optimised to meet customers’ needs for quick, reliable and cost-effective power, while helping keep service and operation costs low.
Find out more here.